Thursday 10 May 2007

Wild Fire

We all wish we could get that extra inch in ....... but also life, As today I sat in the a straight/punk pub (Which Yes is very strange for me, But I needed a story) and as I was chatting to James I found that, he knew a lot of the people I did, and I had never met him before, and he told me a few things that not even I knew.

Brighton once a year still holds the largest Pride festival of the UK, with last years total, reaching over the 1/4 million mark, and only 15'000 of them are regulars to the area, which would seem like a very large "community", but when you put it in how many people you see out and about, that you know in passing or are friends with, there never seems that amount of people around.

So obviously the gay world isn't as large as we would all think it is, so what do we do when we get nick names and known for the stuff you would rather have forgotten, for example, I heard about Josh and his over irate conversation, about HIV/AIDS. Which I hope I get to know the rest of that story, as some mad girl came over and sat on me, saying I knew her, when we went to Revenge personally I can't remember her for shit but there you go. So I never got to hear the end. SO will someone always know you from somewhere and know things that you did or would do, without evening meeting you or asking if it were true?

We all remember the school days, that if you told a secret to a friends practically the whole school knew within an hour what had been going on, but as I dragged my lonely ass back to the bus stop to get it home, I sat there and wondered did we ever get over that fact, when we left? As some random girls who had obviously been trying to get into clubs and such, that night were doing the eternal gossip, the "did you hear" or "did you see".

It Makes you wonder when we left a school like world did we take our tendencies with us to tell the world what we know?

Are we all still really big kids?


No comments: